Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Wave

I love the ocean. It symbolizes so many things. I love to watch and ride the waves early in the evening when the beach is almost empty. Here are my thoughts...

I watch the waves slowly rise, then peak, crash and fade.
Where do they come from? Where do they go?
Why do they appear at all?
They arise out of the great sea that is always and everywhere.
They return to that same great sea,
Only to rise again, in another place and another time.
They arise to play…with the surfers, the gulls, the wind
And me, as I lose myself in their beauty, their wetness and their mystery.
They humbly and gratefully fill the space
Between the eternal depths and the ever changing world above.
As I wade further and further from the shore to catch my ride,
I finally lose myself in its moment,
And realize I am that wave.

Alan Shope

No comments:

Post a Comment